Geeez… I seem to have a bit of a Fail theme going on at the moment.
Anyway, the good news is that Blizzard fixed all those problems you folk have been experiencing if you did the Midsummer Festival activities last year…
With the added bonus that the bon fires have been reset, and you can do them again!
Hey congratulations folks who did the Midsummer stuff last year and have felt screwed this year. Blizzard has applied a little fix on the servers that reset the quests so players regain access to all those blossoms. You need something like 400 of them to purchase all the gear required for the hot pole dance meta.
We are in the process of applying an in-game fix that will restart all of the quests associated with the Midsummer Fire Festival event and allow players to complete them once again. If you are in the process of completing an achievement such as Extinguishing Kalimdor, this fix will reset your progress and you will need start over. This fix will require realms to be restarted.
So where’s the fail in that?
A little bit from WoWVault started to confirm my suspicions…
They basically resets everyone’s festival fire quests, which really isn’t a bad deal since it means free gold and blossoms for everyone! Anyone who doesn’t wish to redo them still retains the achievement credit, so it’s a win-win.
Then I found these bits
* Totemic Beacons are unable to be reclaimed if destroyed. Players who are wishing to complete “Inform the Elder” are welcome to request further assistance by submitting an in-game petition.
* If players previously completed “A Thief’s Reward” prior to their realm’s reset, it’s possible they may be able to complete it again.
* With this, if players stole any city fires prior to this morning’s hotfix, they may need to doubleback and re-complete them in order to pick up a “A Thief’s Reward.”
It’s really that last paragraph that made me /cry…
Win Some/Lose Some
You see, I pulled a late one last night.
I cleared out:
- Flame Warden of Eastern Kingdoms
- Extinguishing Eastern Kingdoms
This morning I jumped on and finished off:
- Flame Warden of Kalimdor
- Extinguishing Kalimdor
I even explored Badlands in the process (Well, the one last piece anyway)
The problem is, I took out Undercity and Silvermoon last night, and Orgimmar and Thunderbluff this morning.
When I handed in the Thunderbluff flame I was expecting some sort of big news…
- Give me: A Thief’s Reward
- Give me: King of the Fire Festival (Complete the quest, “A Thief’s Reward”, by stealing the flames from your enemy’s capital cities.)
Of course, it wasn’t until I read these posts that I realized they were the big news, and I am going to have to take on Undercity and Silvermoon once again.
I know, not a big issue… but I am slightly annoyed… (While being happy for the rest of you!)
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.