Recently, in BA chat, I spoke about my guild progress and how we killed Mags the week before. Then the conversation turned to getting the “Champion of the Naruu” title. Which got me thinking, I actually can do that quest and get that title! Something I thought I would never see, let alone attain, was now an achievable goal.
What about you? Think back.
What content or goals did you think you would never see, and what have you done? What has surprised you the most? Where do you see yourself in 6 months, after the launch of Lich?
Well I never thought I was going to play WoW, but I will get to that.
In order of most recent/never ever’s…
- Enter SSC, let alone kill a boss. I got called in by a guildy to another guild’s Lurker kill. I was so sure I was never going, that I didn’t even know where SSC was (let alone read strats). But we got Lurker and I was 1st or 2nd on the damage (can’t remember now)… Yay!
- Gruul’s Lair. Once again, random invite from same guildy. Didn’t know where it was, or what to do. 1st introduction to Gruul’s Lair was aGruul kill. I have been back a few times since – usually complete waste of time (afk’s etc). But I have taken HKM and Gruuls multiple times now.
- Kara. There were originally only 5 of us – so never though we would see the mythical Kara. LUckily a few friends have joined us (power leveled specifically) and we just pug the rest.
- Honor Hold Reputation. Took forever and I had to pug most of it. If only I knew about efficient reputation grinding strategies before I finished with Zangamarsh.
- 1,000+ Spell damage. It was never going to happen… ohh it happened.. ohh so long ago now.
- Create Spellfire/Spellstrike setc. What a grind! Lots of secret playing while my wife slept… ssssshhhhh!
- The 60’s instances. Need a level 60 for them. Big gap between this and the previous ones huh!
- Getting to 60. I always expected to get to 70 when TBC came out. But before that I had 2 toons in their mid 50’s. 1st still sitting on Dalaran from when we moved to an Oceanic Server and started again somewhere we might find people in our own timezone. Then moved from Khaz’Goroth to Aman’Thul for a fresh start after guild implosion.
- Play WoW at all. I know I have previously mentioned my “argument” to be allowed to play WoW – but that was the end of the saga.
For quite a while my mates had been playing Neverwinter Nights online on a Friday. I finally convnced my wife to let me play, went out and bough the game and the expansions to join in and… WoW was released – Have game, but no mates!
Money was tight,s o I wasn’t going out and buying WoW – I mean my mates were going to stop playing WoW right? I mean how good could it be? Wrong!
Caught up with my friends at a LAN one weekend and tried WoW. Liked it, but I didn’t have the cash to buy it. One of my mates asked if I was enjoying it, and when he realised I was (yeah even the stupid Orc warrior I was playing), pulled a copy out of his bag for me. The guys had bought me one! Yay!
I still had to sell the idea of the monthly subscription etc.. but 80% of the battle was won.
So “Well I never..” thought I would play WoW!
Everything else (including what will come in Rash of the Itch King, is a bonus.
Gnomer and Out!