Ok this started off in my mind as a response to a few PvP/BG posts going around about how to win/not loose BG’s, and the primary message coming out was about communications.
So I am going to start this off today with a couple of tips, and finish up tomorrow on a mod that I find useful for knocking out BG warnings etc on the fly (for those times when you already have 9 fingers on the keyboard, and you only have one more to issue the warning).
I guess my fundamental thought is, if you are loosing, and not doing any communication yourself, then for all intents and purposes you are the reason the team is loosing… I know this is harsh, and a massive generalization, but if you communicate often and early, the risk of a loss is greatly diminished.
OK, some communication tips.
At the spawning point type in:
- /BG Hi, what’s the plan?
If you get no answer , whisper to the raid leader to give you the leadership, or at least raid assist.
Then, type out some simple instructions – anything. Saying Zerg the Enemy base is better than saying nothing, but here’s some simple ones (You don’t have to macro them, just save them to a text file on your desktop to alt-tab and copy & paste into chat)
If nothing else this 1st line will do.
- GRP1: LM, GRP2: GM, GRP3: BS. Last toon out the gate capture ST.
Other stuff worth stating in AB:
- Hold Flags until capped. 1 toon remains behind – the rest to next flag.
- Only fight at flags – avoid all other combat.
- Call incs early – backup will come.
- Grp1: You are flag carriers – get it!
- Grp2: You are defence group – keep it!
- Call FC position, ping minimap to guide team.
- Grp1: DR, Grp2: FRR, Grp3: MT & BeT
- Ignore flag – Flag is for noobs.
- Take 4 bases then hold Horde at spawn point.
Too involved for me to bother with… sorry😉
Note: you don’t have to be BG leader to issue the commands – it just helps as it is harder to miss/ignore commands in the middle of your screen.
Don’t stop talking when the gates open. Call incs etc… People will remain silent until they have a good example – YOU! They will start watching chat, they will know it is valuable (not just QQ’ing), and they will call incs because they see it is effective.
- Ping the minimap to get focus for the team.
- Kill all enemy healers, protect all friendly healers.
- If you can heal… HAEL!
- If you are in a FG when you die, don’t release immediately. Wait until you can see where the flag is going and call it out (you have less to worry about than those still alive).
- If you can’t stop the enemy flag carrier, at least harry or slow them down until help arrives – you did ping the minimap didn’t you?
- Mages – Cast featherfall, mount up and jump down to BS or GM.
- Take the mines. In a battle of attrition you getting reinforcements when the enemy doesn’t = Win.
Gnomer and Out!