Posts Tagged ‘Gnomes’
For a long time now I have had a quiet chuckle each time I launched myself onto my Mechanostrider and head off.
The reason is the huge puff of smoke that shoots out the back of my strider to the cacophony of squeaking and spluttering Gnome Engineered parts.
But I noticed something when I jumped on my immaculately groomed Cenarion War Hippogryph and launched myself into the sky the other day… (more…)
Drawing the short straw: Racial Bonuses
I feel sorry for Gnomes, Draenei, Taurens and Blood elf. Primarily Gnomes of course!
They have a racial bonus taken up with something completely useless… profession racial bonuses.
Let’s take a look.
* Engineering Specialist : 15 point skill bonus to Engineering (note, this also raises the cap by 15 at each level of Engineering).
* Gemcutting : 5 point skill bonus to Jewelcrafting (note, this also raises the cap by 5 at each level of jewelcrafting).
* Cultivation : 15 point skill bonus to Herbalism (note, this also raises the cap by 15 at each level of herbalism).
- Blood elf
* Arcane Affinity : 10 point skill bonus to Enchanting (note, this also raises the cap by 10 at each level of enchanting).
Yes yes, I hear you Forsaken, Trolls, Orcs, Night elves, Humans and Dwarves screaming out:
If you don’t want +5 to 15 to your skills, then we will take it!
Well, I am of a good mind to just give it to you… actually, you are welcome to my Gnome Engineering skill, cause it’s worth diddly squat to me!
Kestrel from Kestrals Aerie (WTB Gnome Priest!) and subsequently Arrens, Pixeled Executioner, Awlbiste, Jezriyah, Medros, outdps, Willel, Greyseer, Holydiscipline, & Stoppableforce got me thinking about this on Twitter the other day.
Here at Oztrlya Gnoo we house some of the world’s most deadly creatures.
Gnomes you say, but I thought they were cute and cuddly?
Well, I can finally get back to the grind to 80!
Since the Achievements went in (well before actually, but I just needed a motivator), I have wanted to be loved by Gnomes World wide. But the Gnomes are a difficult bunch to please.
- Dwarves… easy, way too easy considering their dour demeanor.
- Draenei (The Exiled Ones – Oi!, get your hands of that title.. that’s the Gnomes!) .. Easy, I guess because they were so late on the scene they are happy to have any friends at all.
- Night Elves… they throw their reputation to the wind… seems they are like Druids in general and like it when you go killing (diseased) trees… and reward for it!
- Humans… Pretty easy too, but I must admit I left them hanging on.
- But Gnomes… geeez, Exiles alright! Spread across the world in some of the remotest of places, refusing to be anyone’s friend easily!
But… but… but… I finally won them over.
OK, not quite 1 in 1 million, more like 1 in 6, but even so, I feel even dirtier than I did a week ago.
One week ago I reported in how I was not the only Gnomeaggedon in the world, there were 3 of us… well it turns out that there are 6 of us, because I didn’t go checking the EU realms.
So at this point I had to check it out… What I find is wierd! (more…)