This is a list of posts I have written around the topic of Health, more specifically Mental Health and usually about Men’s mental health.
Most of them are related to Movember, a Men’s Health awareness campaign that runs annually in November.
Depending on the country where it is being run, it’s focus is on Prostate Cancer awareness, but in Australia we it also addresses Men’s Mental Health.
Mental health is a subject close to my heart, as I have dealt with depression personally for a long time, had a partner with mental health issues, a family where mental health issues were rampant and for the most part undiagnosed and, of course, like all of us, are touched by someone battling mental health on a daily basis.
Here they are:
- Shave and a Haircut: Movember
- Just in case you thought I wasn’t serious
- Depression in the family: Movember
- Youth gone wild: Movember
- Married with child and depressed: Movember
- Talking about it saves lives: Movember
- Depression in the workplace: Movember
- Aware People are Supportive People: Movember
- Better off without me
- One Mo’ Time…
- Stroke It!
The WoWInsider post about my Movember/Mental health posts:
Remember you are not alone. Many of us struggle with real life issues, many of us just don’t talk about it to burden others. Talking about it helps a pile… not just you, but others. It helps to have people understand what we go through, it helps people to know that they are not alone, it helps raise awareness.
At the time of creating this page, AppleCider has written an amazingly honest post about harassment, followed it up with a guide to dealing with harassment, and also linked to other bloggers that have opened up about issues in their lives.
I am going to copy the list she had of the other blogger’s posts here… but it may date, so check her post out to see if it has been updated.
AppleCider’s list of Bullying/Harassment or Related Blog Posts
- D/E the Tank! – Bullying: Why My Online Personality isn’t My Real One
- Digital Incorrectness – A Wordy Response
- Mana Obscura – Sub-Humans and the Shallow End of Gaming
- MMO Melting Pot – Being Harassed in WoW or Another MMORPG? Here’s What to Do.
- The Anxious Gamer – Trust Me
- The Big Bear Butt – I Strongly Encourage You To Read This. Please.
- The Borderhouse Blog – An Incredibly Brave Story of Cyberbullying and Harassment
- Way of the Totem – Why I React So Violently to Bullying, A Personal Story
let me know if you have written on the subject and want a link placed here.
One that comes to mind is Fulguralis’ post on depression which includes a link to the journal tracking the battle.
Gnomer and Out!