Armaggedon’s coming created by Gnomeaggedon in June of 2008.
The primary focus of the blog is PvE Gnomes, Mages & Shaman, but will delve into other World of Warcraft topics such as PvP (Battlegrounds), Crafting, Auction House and general observations about WoW and it’s community.
This was lifted directly from the Twisted Nether Wiki’s Big List Of Blogs, but you knew that because you came from there didn’t you… Didn’t you?
My Inspiration to blog
So I have started a WoW blog.. the question is of course: why?
- I love to read them
- I have gained so much through reading/researching blogs and forums – and want to give a little back
- I want to write about WoW
- More time out of WoW than in, but the interest is ever present.
- Collate all those great tips I have found – why search 1,000’s of forums posts when you can read one blog.
- Not enough Mage blogs
Sources of inspiration
There are many, blogs, forums, online & offline discussions that have inspired me, and will inspire me to write.. I am usually pretty good at recording the source (if it was good for one item of information, it is bound to be good for more), but occasionally I screw up and miss them. I will cover (and acknowledge) many of the sources in later posts – if you see something that is yours, or should be credited somewhere, please gently nudge me.. it wont be out of disrespect or plagiarism that it isn’t credited.. just poor record keeping.
My Subject(s) Matter!
Among the topics covered by Armaggedon’s coming are:
- Theorycrafting (Well, maybe theorycrafting about theorycrafters…)
- Mage & Shaman specific news & views (anything I can make up)
- Gnome-specific news & views (from waaay down there)
- Mage & Shaman oriented PvP Battleground nonsense (Follow my guides and you will be sure to provide honor kills… to the enemy)
- Auctioneering (Must do some of that again some day)
- Professions- focusing on Tailoring & Enchanting (Don’t do as I do, do as I say)
- UI Addons and Helpful Macros (and some not so useful ones…)
- Complete rubbish that comes into the author’s mind (all of the above)
- Making some incredibly cool friends on the interwebs, particularly the WoWBlogsphere.
- Twisted Nether mentions x 6… 7…. 8… a kazillion… I’ve lost count (one which they didn’t know was me.) Alright I admit it, I am a TNB whore… you will usually find me in the chat room if no where else.
WoWInsider WoW.comWoWInsider linkage x 3 4 (8 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 posts– bah this is pointless, I can’t keep up!)
Twink guides x 6
WoW and bringing up kids x 1
Neutral AH x 1|
Min/Maxing gear before 80 part 1, 2 & 3
Auto looting: missed by that much
SotA tips, better than a guide
Make it all BoA
Regaining the love of a wipe
Uphill both ways in the snow
I don’t care about the color of you clothes
Aussie blogger brings Movember mental health series to WoW blog
WoW bloggers take off and unite with Sixth meme
- 12,647 hits in one day/20,000 reads in one week (Yep, WoW.com)
- Over 441,822 views since the Home of the Gnome was created.
- Over 805 posts
- Over 6,618 comments
- Akismet has protected my site from 48,693 spam comments.
- Interviewed by Grinding to Valhalla
- Guest spot on Twisted Nether Gnomer Blogcast Episode 68
- Guest spot on The Obscurecast Ep 24: Gnome Fawkes
- Surviving 3 years of blogging, and still wanting to continue.
I have created a few different toons, but only one has reached any level of raiding (Kara, ZA, Gruul’s lair & Lurker, Naxx, VoA), my Gnome mage.
The latest addition to the stable is a much loved Resto (occasionally Elemental) Shaman of the Squid variety, he’s 80 and discovering why it is that Gnomeaggedon never gets heals (but always gets Battle Rez’s). It’s hard keeping people alive!
I am also currently playing a bank Alt, and stalling on a level 19 twink warlock (much more time spent planning than playing)
Previously (Pre-TBC) I had a early 50’s Hunter, and a late 50’s druid – both horde, both dropped due to server move.
My Main is Gnomeaggedon
My Kinda-Maybe Alt is Squidly
My Nearly-a-Twink is Enslavegurl
Theme Song (you got to have one!)
My Playstyle/Interests in game
My playtime is very limited (by agreement with my wife), generally only 5-6 hours per week on a Friday night playing with my mates (5-7 of them.. nearly a Kara group).
OK, I rarely play with my mates any more. They are still around, they are still real life mates, but our in-game paths rarely cross and haven’t since clearing Naxx10 on a regular basis.
Occasionally I get another hour or two to flex my fireballs/totems, but otherwise playing is limited to my bank alt, maybe 1/2 hour 3-4 times a week while I wash the dishes.
So I am a casual player.. at least in the sense that I can only be online casually… Offline I tend to be much more serious.. reading lots of forums, blogs & strategies. Analyzing my gear to identify the strengths and weaknesses, planning what is required where… and when I can get it. My objective is basically: If I can only be online for 5 hours, 4 hours and 45 minutes are going to be productive.. the other 15 minutes is going to be following up on research made during the week to ensure I am productive.
Some Personal information
I am male, 40+ years old (specifics don’t matter do they?), living in Australia with my one male child.
I was playing D&D right back when it 1st came out, competing in tournaments 20, going on 30 years ago. I have played the occasional computer game, but nothing really “seriously” until I was convinced by friends to join them in WoW.
Enough for now…
Gnomer and Out, Squidly and Stout!
Last edit: November
24th 2009 May 5th 2011