Well the annual children’s week slaughter is well underway.
It’s a strange time of year in the BGs, and there is basically one of two philosophies that one can adopt, as so well expressed by Cynwise last year.
You can either:
- Enter a spirit of sharing: A Modest Proposal, or
- Bath in the blood of innocents and orphans: A Vicious Proposal
I subscribe to the philosophy of waiting to see the colour of their jib.
- Wait patiently with the Alliance innocents and their orphans to determine whether any white remains in the eyes of the approaching Horde… if there is nothing but blood, then blood will be spilled, or
- Head to their flag room to offer free flag returns (and if they harm a hair on my head… well, I take names and hand out numbers just like a supermarket deli queue… your time will come), or
- Slaughter the 1st Horde that looks at me sideways, upways, downways, anyways.
I’m not fussed either way, either combat will be entered at the 5 minute mark, or it will be entered at the 1 minute mark… when it is entered, there will be blood.
I’m there for two reasons:
- Helping the innocents
- Taking advantage of the innocents
I am more than happy to help those in need, like my Guildy Meli who was really struggling to get her flag return in WSG, particularly as a healer. So I took great pleasure in dragging bolting flag carriers to a screaming halt, filling them with fire and searching for the next orphan wielding innocent. I will help anyone in need of this achievement (Alliance or Horde). If you don’t like or are unfamiliar with battlegrounds, this is about as bad as it comes.
On the other hand, I am more than happy to use the needs of the Horde for my own benefit.
If they need the flag returns themselves and have sent an envoy to provide them for the Alliance with an expectation of the same in return, then I will be in the queue to gather the flag returns as well.
If they feel the need to take advantage of the presence of innocents and steal our flag… well, that just isn’t going to happen without a fight!
OK, I am really there for one reason, but I’m a generous soul and will share… I promise.
I WANT FLAG RETURNS… LOTS OF THEM!
Last year (the 1st year I was able to take
advantage of part in the event), there were a lot of generous players (including myself) that were calling an amnesty until everyone’s achievement desires were met.
This went beyond handing a flag to an orphan… the flags would be returned until everyone had their fill… then it was on for young and Gnome.
This year, not so much.
I rarely get a flag return, the closest I have ever come to 5 in one battle was 3 the other night (and I fought hard for those). I put this down to one thing.
I am RANGED DPS… I don’t want to get close to those nasty cleaving piles of… plate.
So when a flag carrier is felled, the flag is either quickly picked up by team mates, or fades away long before I reach it.
Children’s Week is a golden opportunity for me.
- If people play the amnesty game, I could easily get my 5 returns in one game… I could even get my remaining 25 returns if I am really lucky.
- If they don’t… well I am playing against a different caliber of Horde at present, some of them die very easily, few of them have the full support of their team.
I have only been in one WSG so far this week where the spirit of sharing has been evident and on that occasion, I was giving rather than taking.
Every other battle has begun with bloodthirsty Horde rushing our flag… then their graveyard.
I only want 25 more returns, so we can do this the easy way… or the hard way…
TBH, I am easy either way.
Give me the flag and your orphan will be spared, or
I will take the flag and an ounce of your charred flesh.
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.