The guide is below, but 1st an important discussion, particularly considering the frustration this Achievement can bring.
OK, selfish is too strong a word, for most people anyway. Forgetful, unthinking (not it a bad way I promise) might be better words.
Or, are you a generous, considerate Achievement Hunter.
Levels of Generosity
- Share with All
- Share with Guild
- Share with mates
- Share with everyone, except “Fred”.
- Share with none
- I share with all, without thinking about it. If I see an achievement waiting to be plucked, or shared with the common populace of Alliance Aman’Thul, I yell it up and down the streets.
- Others will just send a message in Guild chat… that’s what Guildies are for right, to share, to help.. and screw the rest.
- Some will share just with their mates, even if their mates are in the guild, they wont make it public.
- Poor Fred, he made the mistake of saying he was going to beat everyone in the Achievement hunting stakes, so when you see an achievement on offer, do you share it around Fred’s back? (Yes Mr. Tree, I am talking about you and Mr.Z!… of course you do it intentionally sloppily)
- Maybe it’s all about you. Share with no one. Sure you can’t get server 1st, but you can get server 3,452nd and you wont settle for 3,453rd.
It’s up to you, but please share with ALL!
So, we are getting closer to the details of this achievement, but 1st the basic mechanics.
- There are 8 spawn locations for 8 tomes of magic.
- There is a 3 hour cooldown from when a book is touched at any of the spawn locations before another will spawn.
- That respawn will occur any time in the following hour.
- So it can take anywhere from 3 – 4 hours for a tome to spawn.
- Once the book is clicked, it remains for 3 minutes, but can be clicked on by anyone during that 3 minutes for credit.
But wait, it gets worse! (more…)