That’s a loaded question, because it depends where you are.
A few people have told me to relax, that the whole new RandomBG thing will settle down and life in the Battlegrounds will rerun to some kind of normality.
I think it already is, but there is one thing I have noticed that is arse-about, and has been for a long time.
People fight for the flag in the wrong places and at the wrong time!
As a general rule, you fight for the flag:
- Warsong Gulch: ALWAYS!
- Eye of the Storm: sometimes, but only when appropriate.
What I have found though is the opposite is true.
In EotS, 7-10 people will spend the whole game trying to get the flag, regardless whether we still have a base.
As Cynwise joked:
At Least the enemy can’t cap the flag while we have it!
Of course, the flag isn’t worth much unless you control at least 2, but better 3-4 of the 4 nodes in EotS, and holding 3-4 bases makes the flag completely irrelevant – the points generated from 3-4 nodes will win the game in a few minutes.
In WSG, it’s like people have flag allergies.
If I even get close to the flag I break out in spots and shake uncontrollably.
Hey Bloodlust Battlegroup, do you know why the Horde manages to take 3-4 bases in EotS nearly every game?
Well, apart from the fact that you gave up while buffing…
What’s the plan?
Lose.. we always do…
It’s because while we have 7ish people at the flag, their 15 slaughter our remaining defenders.
Also, someone asked what to do the other night when they were Zerging.
- Don’t: mass up at the one node and fight 10 to 15.
- Do form up in groups of 3-4 and attack each node. There are enough to harry the bulk of the horde, and enough to take and hold the undefended, or under-defended nodes.
On the subject of nodes, there is a very important reason to fight ON the node in EotS.
It’s quantity of bodies that capture the node.
So if 5 of us are fighting 4 of them, the node is already turning in our favor. If you can push them off the node while fighting even better. The node may even go neutral during that initial battle meaning they can’t Rez there.
Of course, if you defend a node from the road, you are leaving it open for the attackers to cap behind your back.
The ideal starting strat for EotS is something like this (yes, it doesn’t account for healers.. it’s a pug strat).
Grp1: DR and hold.
Grp2: FRR and hold.
Grp3: One to BeT – stay and call incomings. One try to grab flag, the rest to FRR.
DON’T CAP FLAG UNTIL WE HOLD 3 NODES!
If you can’t get the flag, fall back to BeT.
2 People on nodes at all times.
Further instructions to follow.
Of course experience has shown that 80% of the time you will be greeted with silence, the other 20% doesn’t matter that much anyway because as soon as the forcefield pops, 5 people head to the nodes and 10 people rush the flag.
Popping the bubble
Speaking of which.. do you have people on your battlegroup “popping the bubble” to race around outside before the game starts, maybe standing on top of the bubble?
It’s kind of cool, the way they have found the spot to breach the bubble… it’s also kind of cool that they aren’t getting my buffs.
Play the game
Whatever actions you take around the flag, just make sure that they are the right ones for the BG.
- If you know no better.. it’s time to learn.
- If you do know better… well, how about running BGs properly for a few weeks to let the new guys know how it’s done.
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.