There are many objectives in a battleground. In fact there are several objectives for running an battleground in and of itself.
Objectives of running a BG:
- Honor: Honor = gear, gems and other stuff.
- Arena Points: the 1st random BG each day award you arena points. You need Arena Points to get some of the better PvP gear.
- To Learn: you learn to kill effectively, you learn situational awareness, you learn how to hate the enemy, you learn so you can:
- Have fun: the better you get and your team mates perform, the more fun you have. Some of the best BGs I have been in were losses… I told you about one a while back.
Objectives when running a Battleground:
- Capping Towers & Bunkers
- Recapping Towers and Bunkers
- Capping Graveyards
- Capping Resources
- Killing bosses
- Blowing gates
- Destroying demolishers
- Disarming bombs
- Touching relics
- Capping workshops
- Destroying Towers
- Running and Capping Flags
- Protecting your flag carrier
- Stopping enemy flag carriers and returning flags
- Protecting your healers
- Killing or CCing their healers
- Winning the Battleground
I could go on, but now is the time to make one thing very, very clear…
Midfield is NOT an objective!
It is just a means to an end.
- Field of strife – not an objective
- Roads – not an objective
- Graveyard farming – not an objective
- Farming WSG midfield – NOT AN OBJECTIVE!