- Some go straight (usually the tanks).
- Some go right
- I always go left.
It’s an old habit. Whenever I enter a room, both in RL and in game, I head left. As long a my right arm is free to swing a punch, or a sword I am happy.
I’m in the right place – Left.
Of course there is a downside to this. If there is a pat on the left, or the tank leans to the right and clears that side 1st I can get a nasty shock when a mob taps me on the shoulder to ask me why I am there.
Bad BG Human AI.
I dare say it makes me predictable in PvP too.
You may think mobs have pathing issues and are so predictable that they become insignificant.
What about the low health doesn’t-want-to-be-Suicide-Mage that enters combat from the same path every time.
I know there are some Horde players that just sit there waiting, their crosshairs trained at the spot that I will predictably appear.
I like to think I play like an Over of Cricket. 5 consistent, predictable bowls, followed by a yorker, a bouncer and a googly all in one.
If only I remembered to play that last fireball differently to the 1st 5.
That’s my puddle of bad – keep out!
My exit route from puddles of bad is pretty much the same every time. I don’t bother strafing, I run forward. I want to get up close and personal with the mongrel that just singed my behind.
You need to play to my strengths.
If you are a raid leader, don’t ask me to DPS the mob on the right, or heal the tank on the right – I will probably be out of range.
Tanks, pull left if you want heals, right if you want my ranged DPS.
Raid members. When the shit hits the fan, run to the left side of the room if you want heals. If you don’t want to and there is a Mr. Right on the otherside, go right.
Give me the left every time and I will be your Gnome, or Squid.
What about you, do you hang to the left or the right?
Are you so habitual that you:
- Taunt when in PvP
- Wait for the last 35% of mob health before you unleash your IWIN! button only to remember it’s a Heroic boss, not a raid boss and it is dead before your global cooldown allows you to cast your finishing moves?
- Reach for the blink on your Pally, the Earth Shield on your Mage.
- Do you pull up your totems after every fight, even though you aren’t playing a Shaman?
- Wait for the BG Spirit Rez even though you are in a raid instance?
- Wait for the healer rez even though you are in a BG?
- Can you fold your arms across your chest both ways?
- Do you always start walking with the same foot?
Go on, come clean. What’s your nasty little secret?
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.