I have been a bit blogslack lately, sorry if you eat, sleep and dream Gnomeaggedon & Squidly.
NO! Not EAT Gnomeaggedon… Get your filthy Gnome eating Horde loving knives and forks away from me!
Yeah, so where was I?
Oh yeah, I’ve had an awesome few weeks off. New home for Christmas, Odin full time, blistering weather, holidays at the beach with no phone reception, Gnometransformation machines.
What more could I ask for?
Time playing WoW?
Ohh yeah, I’ve had plenty of that, more importantly the new LFD(G) tool has meant that Gnomeaggedon is getting equal or greater playtime as Squidly.
It started out simply…
- I’ll just do the 1st daily dungeon and get my Frost emblems.
- Then I realised how sick I was of healing afkers, 1337Tanks and Green bathers, so…
- Next thing you know I was pugging the weekly raid as well. One thing to be said about the weekly raid, it brings everyone’s alts to the yard… Which means Gnomeaggedon gets a run.
- Hell, while I’m waiting for the raid or instance I might as well do some Wintergrasp.
Holy Gnome Poo Batman!
I had forgotten how much I love to spend my time at the Spirit Healer. It’s not so much the time at the spirit healer as the 30 seconds in between (25 seconds to ride to the battle, 5 seconds to unload and die.) (Mmm what about Mr. I don’t know about PvP, but I’ll give it a go.. nearly 100,000 HKs!)
This means that Gnome has been doing a bit of VoA as well.
On top of that Gnomeaggedon has been questing and exploring. I know I mentioned it before, but 300 odd quests later I have finished Eastern Kingdoms… Only Kalimador, Outland and Northrend to go… /sigh
Tree Hugger Dave has offered to come with me for Kalimador and Outland. Not sure if that will speed things up, I’m usually waiting on respawn timers… Still, it’s bound to help in Outland.
Squidly is far from forgotten. At the very least he teams up with TreeHuggerDave’s DeathKnight for the 1st daily (we are playing tag, he heals for Gnomeaggedon, Squidly heals for DKDave).
But there has been lots more going on.
- He’s cleared most of Ulduar10. Both good and bad runs.
- Taken Onyxia down a couple of times, even got Ony’s head wrapped In a ToTC10 invite. (how disappointing to not plant her head on a spike… Burying her in a Warlock hole… Something suss going on there).
- Been (falsely) accused of being a NINJA.
- Done random dungeons till I cried and vented.
- Finally, finally collected the set of ICC 5 man dungeons, with a great group where Squidly was (just) the most geared. Basically the same group the whole time, nearly 20 deaths all up, but we stuck with it and even got away from Arthas in good time.
One thing is very clear, my situational awareness (whether PvP enhanced or not, I’m not sure) is superior to many other players. Like Jong, recunt takes up 1/2 my screen, the other half consumed by Healbot, yet I can still avoid or get out of the bad better than most and often find myself the last one standing. (yes I spam heals just to tease the boss and annoy my group mates… Why wipe it up when you can heal for days?).
Anyway, Squidly has some wonderful fail stories to share, I just need to get back into the blogging groove. Wowcynwise may have scheduled posts through till the end of Jan, but I’m still flying by the seat of my rocket.
Gnomer and Out, Squidly and Stout!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.