- I was upset when I went to roll a Shaman, that Gnomes weren’t an option.
- I was upset when Cataclysm was announced that there weren’t any Gnome Shaman (Gnome Priests… Pfffttt!)
It may come as a surprise to you that I like Gnomes.
Well it surprised me. I only rolled one because the Human Mage looked like a dress wearing Chuck Norris.
Then came Christmas… and under the tree (outside Ironforge), was a little present just for ME!
Some people transformed themselves to go for the PvP achievement, I transformed For Gnomeregan!
Two whole weeks of Squidly the Gnome Shaman!
- Curse you Ghost Wolf and your Gnome clearing ways.
- Curse you Culling of Stratholme and your Human disguising ways.
I want to be a Gnome and I am not happy to lose the true look due to death, travel form or instances!
I’m hoping next year they have a personal Gnome-Transformation-Thingamebob. I will happily trade in my Winters Veil disguise kit. Happily grind snowballs to get a years supply. Anything to be able to adopt my true Gnomish form at will.
Some players will carry bags of consumables, others additional gear sets. I will carry snowballs!
Speaking of transformations…
Have you ever paid attention to the transformation that takes place with you enter CoT:CoS?
Gnomeaggedon was always transformed into a Gnome… Ohh hang on, there was no change…
Squidly becomes a HUMAN!
Generally I’d say it sucks to be human (actually I always say that), but here’s the Twilight Zone part (you do have the Twilight Zone music in your head now don’t you?).
Squidly doesn’t just become human, but he transforms into a nearly exact replica of ME… me the human player and blogger behind Gnomeaggedon and Squidly.
Sure there are a few slight differences…
- My red hair isn’t quite as long or as red (any more) as in WoW.
- My beard isn’t quite as long or as red (any more) as in WoW.
- My barrel chest has dropped slightly to be more of a barrel stomach.
- My totems click with the sound of empty stubbies and are probably the main cause of my barrel chest slipping.
But apart from that, he is an exact replica of me!
These days when I am rushing for work and step out of the steamy shower (cold water + hot weather = steam) and can’t see myself in the mirror, I just fire up WoW, port down to CoT, enter CoS and marvel at how those 3 sit ups per month have improved my physique and how long and luscious my hair and beard have become.
I need to stop myself before I bolt out the front door, so I can put some clothes on, but I know my hair is looking good!
Gnomer and Out, Squidly and Stout!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.