It’s a little thing scratching at the back of my mind, but it’s become an aggravating pain since Dechion’s and BBB’s posts have been hijacked from arsehat behaviour to “Dechion is not 1337 enough to play in my sandpit”.
It has been refreshed by the relatively friendly combat occurring on Arioch’s Clearcasting, starting in the comments of OK in UK, spawning a guest post by Dark/Soth and a rebuttal on DotsandHots which then lead to baseball analogies by Arioch, and even Jong’s point of view.
Heroics don’t belong to anyone and the certainly don’t belong to the 1337!
The objective of the is to provide fun while gearing you for later 1337ness.
Blizzard has complicated that recently with the random-dungeon-emblem-fest.
Now players pulling 7k DPS are bitching and moaning about players only doing 1,500-2,000 DPS.
Wake up call sunshine – that’s what is required for the instances!
Admittedly 500-700 DPS is a bit low, OK, way too low, but the Blizzard system allows them entry, so they must be geared enough.
If they aren’t, then probably the best way for them to gear up is… What? Random heroics?
Ohhh yeah, they get drops, they get emblems. They might be useful contributors by the end of the week… If…
- If arsehats don’t drop group.
- If arsehats don’t kick them.
- If arsehats don’t harass them.
The hazing days are over
Didn’t you know that the military is attempting to remove hazing and “initiations” because rather than introduce a sense of camaraderie, it induces a sense of entitlement.
I got treated like shit, therefore I will treat others like shit as soon as I can.
Ganking & corpse camping on PvP servers instills a sense of “right”. It is right to gank lowbies and it is my game given right to do so!
So here’s the news flash, if you are so uber that you don’t need lowbies and they are spoiling your fun then:
Do one random a day, get your Emblems of Frost and FUCK OFF!
Ohh and on a completely unrelated side note.. I just kicked from a party doing a random dungeon.. Heroic A Noob.
- The tank had the highest dps at 2,200 dps, yet couldn’t hold aggro.
- No one could see the Resto Shaman at the back of the pack getting slaughtered by the mobs
- The hunter didn’t even bother to revive his pet after it took a dirt bath on the 2nd pull.
- We downed the 1st boss, only after I reincarnated after getting slaughtered by the lose mobs on the 2nd pull
- The tank had the bright idea of reseting the 2nd boss and taking him and all the spawns down under the web.. but after popping everything containing mana that I had, they all retreated leaving me to try and get away.
- Right before the final boss, the kicked me…
These guys weren’t elitist jerks, they were just jerks.
Gnomer and Out, Squidly and Stout!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.
If you’re THAT 1337, GTFO of my Random Rungeon!