I’m not sure how many Glyph posts I have started and abandoned.
It’s not that I am unhappy with the Major Glyphs, although I am sure we all have ideas on how they can be improved.
My problem tends to be with the Minor Glyphs.
I can’t find 3 I want as either Mage or Shaman.
So here’s my proposal to Blizzard.
Glyph of the Gnome.
I wouldn’t limit it to Gnomes, but this will do for illustrative purposes.
What does it do?
It changes your character appearance to a Gnome.
That’s it, nothing more, nothing less.
You maintain your original racials and class abilities, you just look like a Gnome (or race of your choice).
Well people want to be able to change race within a faction, but maybe they would cope with looking like the race of their choice.
Sticking with Gnomes, with this minor glyph you could have Paladin, Shaman, Priest and Hunter Gnomes,long before Blizzard develops them.
You could have:
- Gnome only Guilds – make the Guild name “Gno place like Gnome” mean something.
- Gnome only raids – imagine those boss kill screenshots without a long leg in sight.
- Gnome only battlegrounds – imagine 40 Gnomes rushing Drek’thor in AV, 40 Gnomes wiping Wintergrasp of that Horde filth.
- Naked Gnome races with a server full of Gnomes – Screw Gnomeragan, why not take down the server!
Spreading the Gnome Glyph Love around
Of course as I say there would be glyphs for all races.
- Fill a paddock in AV with Cows.
Return undercity to the Forsaken.
Orgrammir full of Orcs!
Make Stormwind a pure Human only zone.
Do back flips like a Night Elf
Preen like a Blood Elf
Go Rasta Troll
Drink yourself into a Dwarf skin
Maybe, just maybe, Hunters should also be able to receive a Glyph of the Gnome Pet.
Tell me you wouldn’t run in fright if you saw a Big Red Gnome coming right at you!
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.