Madness I tell you, MADNESS!
Squidly is power-leveling.
- Not using questing guides.
- Not chain running instances.
- Not rounding up the mobs and AoEing them down.
No I am power leveling through PvP!
20% of a level for one AV!
Throw in a daily BG quest, the AV quests and the AB quest and it is just too easy.
I normally knock up 30%-50% of a level in a questing session. Maybe a little more if I manage to do a couple of instances.
This weekend I did 7 levels… 7!
Four of those on Friday night alone, even with a couple of distracting (fail) instances.
I’m not 100% on the XP gain per BG, but I seem to be picking up 1-5% per BG loss, and 10-20% per win.
AV will give me 20% and the AV BG daily another 10%
There are some downsides.
- Pure PvP won’t reward you with PvE gear – you may need to spend gold, or do some instances and quests.
- A bad string of BGs will award little XP – but hot enough under the collar to spread the pain.
- No income – one PvP daily (if you are lucky) don’t fill the vaults.
- The items for purchase with honor and marks are spaced 10 levels apart (and you wouldn’t buy level 60 or 70 gear)
On a positive note
- You will get access to the PvP gear which you can replace every 10 levels – good in early leveling
- There is also more than just armor and weapons, for instance I picked up my Black Battlestrider, something Gnomeaggedon always dreamed of, but passed on for the TBC PvP gear.
- The best part being Squidly got to trade in goat legs and annoyingly oversized elephant mount for a pair of chicken legs and the ability to get through doorways and around obstacles.
Mitigating the loosing streak.
At early levels you are stuck with WSG.
If you are in a winning team, sign up for WSG the second you leave the BG, in the hope you will get the majorty of the same crew.
Loosing side, go make a coffee and queue a couple of minutes later.
Once you get a little higher you can queue for both WSG & AB.
If you find one BG is rocking, stick with that. If not chop and change.
Take note of your team mate’s names.
If you are in a BG with winners, hang around… Loosers, take the next exit option (the other BG queue if it pops, or worst case grab a deserters buff… No BGs for you for a little while.)
Of course you could just stick it out and be happy with your one BG mark… Even better, try to turn it around.
When you get to level 51, you are eligible for AV. Now the XP will start raining down.
The important thing to remember is you aren’t here to honor farm, you are here to XP farm. The best way to earn XP in BGs is to complete the objectives and for insane amounts of XP you want to win the BG.
Don’t Goof Off!
Don’t goof off and make sure everyone else is on the XP rather than Honor Juggernaut.
Ohhh as an added bonus, not only will the XP, honor and marks flow, but the achievements will rain down as well!
All through the power of healing… I love being a healer!
Gnomer and Out!, Squidly and Stout!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.