Dear Ambassador Gnomeaggedon of Gnomeregan, Master of the meters, Carpeter of raid floors and all round good Gnome.
Long time reader, never a commenter with a question.
My ragtag bunch of almost a 10 man raid have decided to declare one Friday a month as Old World night.
There are only 7 of us, but we can usually pick up a few more to clear Naxx10, so I think we can grab a few more if required.
In our bunch of stormtroopers we have.
- Me: DPS meter champion rogue, top them all, no matter how many slackers are in the party (4,9,24). I can and will log and bring on my healy Priest which is pretty competent as well.
- Mr. Offspec: You may have heard of him earlier today. 2nd best DPS as shaman, can heal in a pinch. Also rolls with Druid, well geared for all specs.
- UberGnome: he gets by OK, only tops meters if he takes me or the Shaman out 1st, but looks good naked, especially with his 3 mirror images. Great green beard btw.
- ConfusedIdentity: Hunter, Holy Paladin or DPS warrior. More Pally than anything lately, only new to the role but doing a great job.
- WildMan: Tank. Savior of our 4 horseman run the other night.
- DualPersonalityPally: Tankadin, DPS machine, he loves them both and cackles like a pubescent boy that just found his Dad’s porno collection when he’s DPSing.
- TreeHuggerDrunk: yes he’s from Queensland, so he wakes up drunk, but is a Tree healer to be watched. He tops the healing meters no matter what size the party is. Only downside is he seems to have recently macroed all his abilities to focus on the dying, or dead Gnome.
- ThreatWhore: there are rumors we may be picking up a DK as our 8th member, but he is only mid 70’s at the moment, assuming he comes at all.
Anyway, my big question is which of the Vanilla and TBC raids we can take out. We took out ZG already, so it’s just the rest of them… Yeah all of them…
If need be we will try and PuG some more people, in which case, what classes should we grab?
PS: when are you going to challenge me agin on the meters, you slack green haired leprechaun?
PPS: next time you hit the floor I am going to skin you and use you as a Gnome drop rug.
As you haven’t bothered to comment, or even give me a name to use, I will call you Mr.Z!
I don’t know the answer to your question, although I would suggest that with that UberGnome at your side, you should be able to 2 man everything up to and including Ulduar 25.
However I have an ego way beyond a normal Gnome, too big to fill a Tauren’s carcass. My only ego rival would be Jong, but then he is THE DPS machine.
I will throw this out to my readers, they will know what old content can be chain cleared, and what content may deserve a wipe night or a few extra bodies.
PS: I will challenge you on the meters when you play fair. Take off all that 25 man gear, cut your legs off at your knees and then we will have a competition.
PPS: Gnome rug hunh? Well when you have cut your legs off, and come down to my size, you will look pretty cute. Still, I am always concerned about a guy watching his female avatar while his wife sleeps at the other end of the house.
PPPS: I seem to remember wiping the floor with your marines on Saturday night while playing Space Crusaders… You were such good mob fodder until I turned up and took the loot! But that’s a story for another day…
So what do you think folks?
- Which old raid content can we 7 man?
- Will we need to mix up our group composition, or grab some extra bodies for any of them?
Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms raids
- Upper Blackrock Spire
- Karazhan – Done
- Zul’Aman – Done
- Zul’Gurub – Done
- Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj
- Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal
- Sunwell Plateau
- Molten Core
- Onyxia’s Lair
- Blackwing Lair
- Temple of Ahn’Qiraj
- Gruul’s Lair
- Magtheridon’s Lair
- Serpentshrine Cavern
- The Eye
- Black Temple
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.