Soon, in only about a month, Armaggedon’s Coming is going to have it’s 1st blogday.
365 calendar days, most of which had posts and I am guessing about 440 posts.
As much as I have enjoyed writing all that “stuff”, I think the time has come for me to sit back and crack open the gifts for a week.
Gifts, there will be gifts?
Yeah, of course… But for ME, not you!
(well unless some insanely generous person out there wants to donate something, but then to be fair, I would need at least 5 gifts, one per day/topic… If, and only if, such a miracle happens, then I will let you know, but that isn’t the point of this is it… No, whole point is you giving to me… Me…. ME!)
OK, so what do I want for my Blogday?
I intend to create 5 posts based on your content. A little bit from each of you, so no one person is too stressed out.
Who do I want to send me gifts?
Everyone… Particularly non-bloggers.
Don’t get me wrong, I want to hear from the bloggers too, but if I stop them posting for a day cause they are contributing here I will feel sad (even if my feedreader is happy).
But the people I really want to hear from, and get an insight about, are my readers. The long time readers, the new readers. The prolific commenters (see Prelimar, told you I had some work for you), as well as the skulkers or occasional commenters (Jesta being on of the most recent of those).
This is in part because my feedereader says I only have about 80 readers, but my blog stats say about 600 per day. I also don’t have any fancy smancy tools to keep track of where you are coming from… The short term data tells me I have most corners of the globe covered, but I just want to know more!
How to get those gifts to Gnomer
The process of getting me your content is easy, in fact I will give you 3 options, but the last one is probably best.
- For the easy ones, just throw in a comment.
- Or better yet, just so you don’t spoil the surprise, send me a message via Contact Gnome.
- The best option, which will be required for one of these gifts is to email me directly at gnomeaggedon AT gmail DOT com (more details below)
Send this to me before June 19th and preferably earlier.
The 5 Gnomer Gift Wishlist
OK, onto my Blogday wish list…
1) Up to 20 questions
I only intend to answer up to 20 questions, so don’t go overboard, but if you have a few, shoot them through.
Do it, because otherwise I will have to ask Brigwyn to do it, and surely he must get tired of coming up with 20 questions.
I want to know who you are and see you in game.
Grab a screenshot along the lines of:
- Shows you in game doing something you love.
- Shows you in game giving me a shout out.
- Shows you in game NEXT TO ME on Aman’Thul.
- Shows you in game next to a Gnomeaggedon impersonator
- You don’t have to be a Mage or a Gnome, but bonus points for Mage &/Gnome
Make sure you do at least the most basic of editing by adding some recognizable info to the shot. eg:
You commenter name, your toon name, your server, RL home country and if you are looking for lurv from another one of me readers… Your phone number (not recommended, but hey, your life, your choice)
No not Effluence!
OK, that’s two easy ones out of the way, an increase in difficulty now.
How have I influenced your WoW (or hell, Real) life?
Nothing too personal thanks, and nothing too long.. 30-ish words or less, what has Gnomeaggedon done for you in the last 12 months?
Jong tells me that I have “single-handedly changed my perception about male gnomes”, in a good way I think…
What about you?
4) Gnome weekend that was
I bore you with my weekends adventures… Now it’s your turn!
Go on, tell me. No topic is too big, or two small. Your level 12 Alt is just as important to me as your T8 raid slayer.
5) Mages/Gnomes suck/are the best because…
Finally, 30 words or less, why are we the best/worst?
Mmmm why would we be the worst… Oh well, I am sure there are some smart Hordies out there with an opinion.
I would, but I’m taking Hodir down this weekend, and I need to meditate for the next 3 weeks.
Remember, this is just like one of those silly guild social events.
You don’t have to join in, but if you do, you will have more fun, I will have more fun, everyone will have more fun.
Make it a Blogday for me to remember!
Whatya got to do?
So in summary:
- Send me at least 1, if not all 5 gifts:
– Up to 20 questions
– Gnome weekend that was
– Mages/Gnomes suck/are the best because…
- Send your content to me before June 19th
- Send it to gnomeaggedon At gmail DOT com (because that’s the easiest way to send me all 5!)
- Email Subject should be Gnomers Gifts
- If you want to actually catch up with me on Aman’thul, drop me a line before hand so I know that you might be looking for me between 7.30-8.30pm or 2-3am on a Friday night/Saturday morning AEST time (server time)
Get to it folks!
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.