While attempting to do Escape from Winterfin caverns, I realized the real reason I hate escort quests.
- It’s not that if incorrectly planned they take you out of your way.
- It’s not that in addition to the quest spawned mobs you get all the locals, worse yet the respawning locals.
- It’s not that you put your life and mana on the line and your ungrateful escortee only waits 3 seconds after each battle for you to eat and drink (ok, better than it used to be, where they wouldn’t wait, but how about we tell them when to move on).
- It’s not that we have to drag our feet waiting for the slow poke to meander down the trail.
- No, what I hate is when someone else beats you to the escort quest. Then you have to wait 15 minutes for the quest giving escortee to respawn.
Does he want my help or not?
Why am I left standing next to his empty cage while he jerks some other noble rescuer around?
“Boss mobs” respawn before you have had the chance to recover from destroying them, but the Rapunzels of this world, just keep you hanging on.
Dear Blizzard, please make the escort quests respawn quicker. This isn’t a time travel issue where 2 of the same quest mob in the same space will cause the Universe to collapse.
At the very least make them phased quests so that there isn’t a queue going out the cave mouth just waiting to escort the quest giver home.
Gnomer and Out!