Don’t drink, install & change keybindings!
Thanks for the suggestions on interfaces. I downloaded SpartanUI and after a fair amount of screwing about got a reasonable interface happening. The issue still remains that the interface isn’t built for my resolution, so somethings aren’t quite right. Cast bars are the biggest offenders, but I need to make a final decision on whether it stays or not.
Never the less, happy enough with the look, and inspired by Euripedes, I decided to redo my key bindings.
This involved, apart from remapping most of my abilities, reversing the order that my most used spells were bound.
Anyway, happy with my choices of keybindings, I set off to the Borean Tundra to help D.E.H.T.A.
Hey, and while I am at it, let’s celebrate the new interface and keybindings with a “few” quiet whiskies.
Mmmmmm bad combination
- I can’t read the icons so I can’t confirm my spell/keybinding selection.
- spells are now in the wrong order, so I am instant casting to start my rotation and 3 second casting to finish off.
- Frost Nova is not Dragon’s Breath
- Frost Nova’ing neutral beasts turns them aggressive, so instead of one opponent, I now have 10 .
- those beasts on Borean Tundra are fast, and won’t stay in a Frost Nova for very long, and I can’t outrun or even out blink them (who would have thought that those mammoths could chase down a mechanostrider?)
So all up, it was a challenge, if not a disaster.
Lesson learned, don’t drink while screwing up your interface.
Gnomer and Out!