What, someone searched for this?
pkbh is an invention of mine that refers to the Pre-Kara Black Hole, not as annoying as pcbh (Post Curator Black Hole), but still a night spoiler.
So pkbh is all about the “raid wipe” before the raid begins.
- Can’t get the 9th and 10th raid member after an hour in LFG – raid wipe
- Disconnecting at the summoning stone – repeatedly, until you give up – raid wipe (for you at least).
pcbh refers to the phenomena where an otherwise successful raid group starts to fall apart 1/2 way through the instance/raid – to the point that clearing to the next boss takes as long as doing all the previous bosses.
- PUG player doesn’t get their (token) drop off boss (Curator).
- Players with excellent connections suddenly suffer either frequent disconnections or one long unannounced disconnect.
- Players go AFK/follow after boss (Curator).
My problem with pcbh is not that players have connection issues, or don’t want to continue. I disconnect often enough to appreciate a party waiting for me, I appreciate that sometimes unexpected RL things (accidents, Mum’s, exhaustion) happen.
My problem is that if you the party leaver, tell me you are leaving, we can replace you immediately, no (long lasting) hard feelings. If you DON’T tell us and do a sneaky DC, then we are left wondering if you just need to reboot your PC or modem, or are a complete prick that is wasting our time).
Be a ‘man’, Gnome, whatever.
Say you are leaving, and if it’s a party dynamic thing, do the world a favor, give your reasons – hopefully next time you encounter the same players they will have taken your advice to heart and changed.
Gnomer and Out!