True Mage Confessions
Bless me Mother for I have sinned.
It has been 200 years since my last confession.
- My first character to the level cap was a Mage, but it was my 3rd toon above 50. The 1st 2 being a Hunter with his loyal wolf companion, and a Druid. Both really for ease of soloing, as I never had a group (my friends had all out leveled me)
- I don’t read the quest text either. Even on new quests, I just skim for the information I need and go to it. (OK, this is a direct copy & paste from Holier Than Thou.)
This can be a bit of an issue, as I am always heading in the wrong direction, trying to hand the completed quest into the quest giver rather than completer, and constantly wonder why the mobs I am killing aren’t completing my quest (when they are the wrong mobs, possibly even in the wrong Zone). One time I wondered what was wrong with a friend when he was “stuck” at a quest giver – turns out he was taking the time to read the quest.
- I gear to raid (or progress at least). I do not raid to gear. Skill > gear.
- I will often struggle valiently to get a piece of gear, only to replace it on the next quest/instance/raid. Why? I have planned out what the upgrades are, but forget to look further than the next one.
- I have a serious respect for people who work hard on trash. What idiot cares about the “Trash Mobs” listing on Wow Web Stats? Me. I’m the idiot. (OK, this is also a direct copy & paste from Holier Than Thou.)
Faster Trash = Faster night. My Rogue mate and I do check out boss fights, but look at the whole picture… always fun for me to leap ahead during AoE periods, and him catch up on individual (or magic immune) mobs
- I like grinding quests. A lot. Kill 50 boars? I’m there!
(Also a direct copy & paste from Holier Than Thou.) Or grinding mobs in general. I hate gathering, I love spreading the Fiery love about.
- I don’t keep dress up clothes in my characters’ banks, but I do keep items that are long past their use by date. My DE button makes me nervous
- I do remember to Counter Spell, just sometimes only after the spell has been cast.
- I do panic when a loose Mob is running right at me and Frost Nova, only to realize the mob is heading towards the frost trapping Hunter standing behind me.
- I do like to push the threat limit (particularly on Trash), I like to believe I will finish the mob off before it gets to me
- I do like to be top of the DPS meters, and I am prepared to phone my Rogue mate just before a trash pull so he goes AFK (err, joke, I don’t really, but I might do in future)
- I do get carried away in BG’s sometimes and forget CC.
- When I do remember CC in BG’s I invariably target the Resto Druid… who just shape shifts out.
- I do sometimes hit & dot my own sheep… but I always find someone else to blame (One good reason not to have a Big Brother type mod)
- I do wish I was a Night Elf… but only when I am dead and want the 50% Wisp movement increase.
- I do find Bear butts unbearably big.
I am sure there are many more, but I can’t handle the pain right now.
Gnomer and Out!