Hi folks, it’s that time again… Blog Azeroth topic of the week “What you need to know about [insert class here], in my case, I will be telling you about things from the perspective of my little Fire Mage.
As a fire mage I only have a few tricks up my overly generous sleeves.
Frost Nova - I can trap quite a few mobs for 8 seconds.
Blasts enemies near the caster for 99 to 111 Frost damage and freezes them in place for up to 8 sec. Damage caused may interrupt the effect.
- 1st thing to note, 8 seconds isn’t a hell of a long time, and I have probably pissed a few of them off as well.
- 2nd thing, it is likely to break, releasing all the mobs if you get a lucky crit.
- If I frost nova in the vicinity of shackles etc, I will break them… sorry we are working towards the same end, I am just trying to keep the healers alive for another 8 seconds… please reshackle, sheep etc.
- Generally I am only dropping this to protect someone, probably the healers so:
- Healers, move away from the mobs melee attacks if they are still hitting you, they wont follow.. well immediately anyway.
- Everyone else, either focus on the original target, or give the tank, shacklers etc a chance to get their mob(s) back under control (more…)