- Thinking of Twinking a level 19 Warlock?
- Can’t be bothered leveling another toon to 70 with WoLK around the corner?
- Can’t remember the challenges of a low level toon?
- Want the challenge of limited toon abilities supported by (your) awesome skill and top notch gear?
Well this is the guide for you!
There’s a lot to twinking a level 19 toon. It isn’t as simple as grinding out 19 levels. It’s a tight match of grinding levels in bursts, while preventing xp gain, while maximising loot in quest collection at other times.
If you are already level 10 or above, you might want to consider rerolling. Necessary – No, but you want to get full benefit of your levels.
Anyway, this guide will be broken down into the following sections:
- Part 1. Introduction
- Part 2. Guiding your twink around the world.
- Part 3. Twink “Epic” gear
- Part 4. Enchanting your Twink
- Part 5. Twink Spells
- An Interlude…
- Part 6. Heirloom Items
- 3.1 update
- Part 7. Twink Talents
- Part 8. Twink Pets
- Part 9. Twink BG Strategies
- Part 10. The Professional Twink
- Part 11. Acknowledgments
- This is not a love song…This is not a Lock Blog…
- I gathered this information over a period of time while I was considering twinking. it came from numerous sources, and bits & pieces have been cut & pasted together to form this guide (with a few personal touches). Thus I apologise up front if I don’t acknowledge original sources. I will attempt to point you back to various sources in the last section of the guide.
- This is from the perspective of the Alliance, particularly Human, but the majority of concepts and even quests are applicable no matter what faction or race.
- At the time of writing this guide, I haven’t made it to level 19. This is a backburner side project. So although I have gathered all the gear and enchanting mats, I haven’t actually hit level 19 twink “end game”
- Twinking will cost you a boatload of gold. Generally it is too risky to grind the gear with your twink (too much XP involved), and too time consuming to grind with your main. So get your main to cash up and buyout all the twink gear on the Auction House.
- You will need at least 1 high level mate (more only required to save them boredom). A level 70 Mage or other AoE class is ideal. Sure any high level toon will cut through level 19 mobs like butter, but the early instances are long, with lots of mobs. being able to take out 20-30 mobs at a time is much quicker than 1-2 at a time (and less risk for the twink). My level 70 mage helped a friend, and his level 70 Druid helped me. I was clearing 1-2 rooms at a time, him 1-2 groups at at time.
OK, so on with the guide… Well off to the next part anwyay, in which you will learn where to travel and when. When to grind, when to quest and when to do an instance.
Gnomer and Out!
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.