I have discovered this black hole after the Curator in Kara, and I am wondering whether to report it to Blizzard.
- Raid one-shots Curator.
- Divides loots
- Moves on to next trash.
- Mmmm player X (and maybe Y) have disconnected.
- Let’s give them 5 minutes
- OK 5 minutes have passed, lets clear some more trash and give them another 5 minutes.
- OK, let’s start LFM, but keep them in the raid until we do – because they might sort out their technical difficulties.
- Mmm looks like the black hole has struck again!
I mentioned a similar thing in last weeks post, on that occasion with a Shaman. This week we lost 2 high performing Locks.
Now the thing is I could understand someones frustration if we had taken 3-4 hours to get to Curator, but the reality is we are finishing Curator within 1.5-2 hours.
So what is it?
- Are they upset at Blizzards RNG not offering them what they wanted?
- Did Mum call the off to bed?
- Have we wiped too often?
- Have they really got technical difficulties?
- Were they annoyed that their greater than average dps/damage meter was still being beaten but that annoying little Gnome mage?
I know of one occasion where a player (that time the tank, which really screwed us), got pissed cause he didn’t win the roll on the Curator drop (he had won something off every other boss up until then, and had even needed on a BoE item which he obviously was just going to pawn at the AH). But he cracked it when he lost the roll.
But these other folks, give no indication… none.
So folks, if you are the sort that are going to fall into a black hole after a boss, do the world a favour.
- Be honest about your play time limitations.
- Be honest about the fact that you only want to kill up to x boss.
- If you are going to drop raid, then just say so… I don’t care you if you come up with a pox excuse, just tell us, so we can spend the 20 minutes of grace that we will give your DC’ed toon in looking for a replacement. Let me assure you, you are replaceable. We have enough Alts or toons able to respec to continue on with whoever is in LFG at the time. We just need to know!
Actually it wasn’t a bad run until then. I was topping the damage meters overall, but it was a real mix of classy dps. I don’t think anyone topped the charts on a boss fight more than once and the meters were see-sawing all night. As much as I like being at the top of the meter, I much prefer really close DPS, because that indicates everyone is pulling their weight and we have a good chance at all the bosses.
Everything was good until the 2 disconnects. Worst part was I had to go at that point as well.. if they had stayed the raid would have only needed one more. Because of their actions, the raid needed 3 more.
Actually, I wish there was some sort of universal rating process, so you could score toons on how good/bad they are. Similar to reporting an /afk, or ebay score, but visible to everyone.. don’t bother checking their armory page, check out what everyone that has played with them thinks.
Gnomer and Out!