- Play a hybrid and find yourself constantly need to respec?
- Play a tank or healer and need to respec to grind?
- PvE one moment, PvP the next?
- Just experimenting?
Let’s face it, changing talent specs is a pain in the talent trainer Thinking & Clicking… Thinking & Clicking… damn wrong talent… unlearn, pay up the gold, start again… Thinking & Clicking…
So what if there was a way you could plan out your spec on your favorite talent calculator, import the spec into the game, save it for later use and then One-Click apply the spec while you run off and make that pot of coffee for the long night ahead?
Well needless to say, I wouldn’t have started this post without an answer to the question. The answer I will provide, one of several, is Talented.
So what does Talented do?
- It replaces your Blizzard tabbed talent frame with an all-trees-in-one frame.
- Online or offline planning of a spec.
- Offline via standard talent calculators
- Online through templates.
- Import of templates created offline
- Export of templates created online
- Saving and renaming of talent spec templates.
- Browsing of templates of other classes (require the additional download of Talented Data.
- One-Click application of the saved spec template
- Sharing of spec templates with other talented users.
Do I use it?
Occasionally. I don’t often respec, but I have templates for my normal classic raid fire spec, for Fire Icy Veins spec, a PvP spec and an Illhoof Imp tanking spec.
I rarely need to change spec, but it is a huge bonus when I do – No looking for scraps of paper with spec notes, or going online to find/create templates, no scratching my head or throwing darts. I just run (alright, I port) to the talent trainer and kaboom, I have respeced.
I must admit the 1st time I used it, I had a little heart attack. It takes a little while to apply the spec, and it goes through each of the talents, allocating the points you want to each – even those that get none. So I waited panicking a little inside while it updated. Good news is that it was 100% correct.
Another Bonus is that it’s an Ace Addon, so it plays well with other Ace addons and can be updated using the WoWAce Updater.
Here’s the Feature List from the WoWAce Wiki (just to save you heading there immediately.. you can go ina minute)
- See the complete talent tree on a single frame.
- Create templates, for your class and, optionally, other classes too.
- Set a specific template as a target, and see it when you’re spending your next talent point on level up.
- Apply complete templates with a single click, after a talent wipe.
- Share your current build with other, or any template you’ve made.
- Import templates directly from the Blizzard Talent calculator, or from wowhead.
- Export templates as URL to wowhead or the Blizzard Talent calculator.
- See other’s template if they have LibRockComm installed.
- In order to get access to talent trees for all classes, you must also install Talented_Data.
And a little about Talented Data.
- Talented_Data is a static database for Talented.
- It allows access to talent tree information for all classes, as well as tooltip information for all ranks for all talents, in the following locales…
Gnomer and Out!