My memory is like a sieve, it is like… damn I can’t remember what I was going to write… Just call me Goldfish the Gnome.
So I have been thinking about the BA topic on Top 10 WoW memories, as most of the community has written about over the last couple of weeks. I have really been struggling to think of them, so these may not be my top 10, just something (anything) I can remember, in no particular order…
- Spellfire & Spellstrike sets.
I busted my low to the ground butt for these. Got up at 5.30 to grind primals and the Auction House etc. I was 2 primal mights short when I arrived at a mates LAN. My pet Alchemist (also at the LAN) asked how many more I needed as hist cooldown up up. He logged on to make me the next one while I tried to think how I could get one more (I didn’t want to wait another week). I hear him yelling from across the room.. his 1st primal proc… and my sets complete.
- Epic Flyer – The Cenarion one.
I decided I wasn’t in a rush for the epic flyer, so I worked the AH a little bit longer and harder to get the extra 2k gold. Man it was worth it.. I think like most people I just flew around for 1/2 an hour enjoying the rush of wind in my speakers.
- My 1st Warlock, Shaman, Hunter and Warrior solo kills in Battlegrounds. He I am not that good, so when the anti-mage(s) went down, I jumped up and down for a good 3 or 4 seconds before diving for cover. I expect I just got very lucky, but I still got a warm feeling when they went down.
- Planning out my level 19 Twink Warlock, and executing the plan (You will read about the plan here soon). I have spent more time researching the best approach than actually playing the character, but I know it will pay off.
- The all-to-common experience of discovering another WoW player in Real Life.. sitting next to me at work, or at the pub etc…
- Getting my Blade of the Archmage.
I didn’t realise when I hit the Outlands how important planning the reputation grind could be. So I had a very long slow grind for Honor Hold rep (After doing the 1st couple of instances in HFP, I think I only did Shattered Halls once with my mates). I couldn’t believe it when I got there (even though I had been counting down the rep for months). I got lucky and completed a grind in a pug that was just doing the 1st boss over and over for the tailoring pattern.
- Being a Guild Leader.
Both a high and a low point really. Watching our guild grow “overnight” to be one of the biggest ones on Khaz’Gorath (size wise, not progression). I was offline more than online, so I worked on the guild forums pretty hard, informing and encouraging. The low point was watching the guild implosion over the forums.
- Escape/Exile to Aman’Thul
The original guild leaders (including myself) went into exile on Aman’Thul, changed from Horde to Alliance and got a new wind. We agreed we wouldn’t lead another guild, so just 5 man instanced our way to 70. What was especially nice for me was the other 4 maintained their Friday night mains at my levelling pace so we could all share the experience.
- Joining my current (Guild) leader.
We were doing a rocking run of Shattered Halls, all chatting away happily. The 2 of us that were pugs were invited to join the guild. I was dubious due to my limited playtime (bad previous guild experience), but was assured that my playtime wasn’t an issue. I am happy to say it has never been an issue, and I always get an invite to any event if I am online (which is usually known 1st when “Gnomeaggedon joins the channel” appears.
- Starting a Blog
I missed my forum outlet, and this blog is very exciting and the community feels great. I think this is my current No. 1 WoW highlight at the moment – So thanks for letting me share!
Gnomer and Out!