Thank you Larisa, thank you Matticus.
My mage was born to write this post.
I am going to tackle this in 3 parts.
- The reality
- Best case
- The dream
Being an extremely causal player, playing only on Friday nights (although I guess I could be in for a leave pass – my wife would be organising a wake for WoW purely on the basis she would get her husband back), on an Oceanic server, quite simply I would most likely read about it in the news. I wouldn’t be there for the end.
So I will say my farewells now.. just in case these are the last 5 hours of WoW while I am /afk.
Farewell cruel World (or Warcraft)
Lets say that Blizzard kills the servers at 3am Saturday Australian Eastern Standard Time – I mean, why wouldn’t they, they usually schedule maintenance during our peak period!)
Alright, one last 6 hour session.
Do I run a raid? Naah, well maybe, I just don’t want to be stuck in an endless series of wipes, lagfests and server restarts while Blizzard tries to handle 10 million people getting one last fix.
How about PvP (BGs)? Maybe – short and fast – live hard & die young.. But I would probably struggle to get my mates to join in.
World PvP? No, not capture Halaa type, more the raid Undercity, Orgrimmar or Tarren Mill type of thing. Yeah that sounds like the most fun. One last attempt for the Alliance to overcome the Horde. Ohh and yes I would swap back to my old Horde toons for one last crack at the Alliance.
No one will care if it’s buggy.. what are they going to do, raise a ticket? The GMs will all be playing in God mode, protecting their home cities.. they wont care!
Hopefully they will give us a couple of hours to coordinate some raids on the realm forums. Then it’s on for young and old, level 1′s and level 70′s, Gnomes and Taurens.. lookout!
Maybe throw in some special rules like:
- 3 strikes and your out. Three deaths and your toon is on cooldown for 1/2 hour, forcing you to cycle through your alts (or bring in a fresh level 1 to gnaw at the bones of the enemy)
- Capture x location, hold for 10 minutes and it’s yours (until retaken). Imagine Stormwind being taken by the horde and turned into another Strath Undead, or the Alliance taking Undercity and it becoming a Dwarven paradise.
Of course, the Gnomes get to take back Gnomerun!
- AoE doesn’t effect toons 10 levels lower – Can’t have level 70′s flamestriking and seeding all the level 10′s. But direct attacks still count.. Imagine warriors wading through the level 10′s cutting them down like wheat.
- If one side takes all, then all toons gain 10 levels (to current level limit) and the world resets… Let’s do it again, but now your level 10 bank alt is a level 20, your pre-TBC 60 gets dusted off as a 70.
- With 2 hours left, and alliance is forged between Horde and Alliance. They can now group, communicate etc…
What would cause such an alliance?
The gates of hell have opened, and all the bosses, dragons, demons and other nasties of previous events now storm across the world, heading to the major cities.
Horde and Alliance must now join forces to save the world as we knew it.
Can all the bosses be taken down before the end comes (end game)?
Or has Gnomeaggedon arrived?
Gnomer and Out!