Gnomeaggedon’s 1st installment in half-baked PvP strategies and thoughts.
I sometimes think that PvP is the worst thing for my PvE “progression”.
- Not because of low Spell Hit gear
- Not because I forget to respec out of my PvP Spec
No the problem is I welcome death in PvP, I become a Suicide Mage… OK, maybe I want to live, but in BGs death can be a relief.
Death in BGs.
- Rez = Instant -> (Worst case) 30 seconds
- Health & Mana @ 100%
- Often nicely repositioned
- AB & EoTS – Back in the heat of battle
- WSG – Back at the base ready to defend, head off EFC, or support your own FC.
- AV – Oh joy, sometimes you end up further forward on the map.
Death in PvE
- Rez = Ghost run – feels like forever, and for some instances it is.
- Health & Mana @ Bugger all. (and where are your conjured croissants?)
- Badly repositioned – Got to do “the rat” and run the maze back to your next pull.
The problem I have when returning from a bout of PvP to PvE, is that I am still in “life is Cheap” mode.
- Mob on healer – No worries, I’ll pull it = Ghost run
- Pack of Elites – No worries, Frost Nova, AoE = Ghost run
- Aggro – What’s Aggro? = Ghost run
Remember with my casual on-line time, I tend to have to choose PvP or PvE. I rarely get the chance to pepper my PvE with PvP, thus I have to mentally shift myself for better performance, and my old clutch is worn, and changing gears is a little more difficult.
I always have a period of readjustment when I return to PvE.
I need to (re)learn… “Life is Dear”
Gnomer and Out!